- 4 (500 grams) raw green Mango , (keri)
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1¼ cup sugar, sub with jaggery or brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 2 fist full mint leaves
Wash and peel raw mango. Slice the pulp off the seed. Cut the pulp into pieces.
- Boil pulp in 2 cups of water for 7- 10 minutes until tender, with lid covered.
- Once tender, pour 2 cups of cold water to cool the mixture. Next, add sugar, black pepper, roasted cumin and black salt. Mix well and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the raw mango mixture to the food processor, add mint leaves and blend into smooth pulp.
- Transfer the pulp into a large vessel and strain the liquid in a coarse strainer.
- Your sherbet concentrate is ready. Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can freeze it too.
TO MAKE SHERBAT
- Fill ¼ glass with concentrate. Add two cubes of ice and fill the remaining glass with water. Mix well. Serve with extra crushed pepper and black salt.