- 4 medium potato, (500 gram), boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon red chilli flakes
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 4 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon chat masala , or to taste
- Mash boiled potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the ingredients of tempering. Give it a stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add tempering and the remaining the ingredients to the mashed potato. Mix well and roll out 10 small tikkis. Keep mixture in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry tikki in hot oil in small batches until golden and crispy. (Make sure oil is hot and flip tikki after 1 minute of cooking.) Remove to a kitchen towel and serve with any sauce or chutney.
CategoryFries & Snacks