For the fruit filling
› 3 cooking apples or 6 stalks of rhubarb
› 50 g of brown sugar
› 30 ml of water
For the topping
› 180 g of flour
› 50 g of caster sugar
› 50 g of margarine
› 2 heaped tsp of porridge oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Put sliced apples (rhubarb), sugar, and water in a saucepan and cook gently until they are soft. Place cooked fruit mixture in a pie dish.
3. Sieve the flour into a bowl. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar and porridge oats and mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle crumble mixture over fruit mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.