› 8 small fillets of fish
› 56 g of brown breadcrumbs (2 slices)
› 1 onion, finely chopped
› pinch of salt if desired
› 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp of dried parsley) or ¼ tsp of
mixed dried herbs
› 1 tsp of vegetable oil
› 1 lemon, cut into wedges – some for lemon juice (or grated rind) and some
to serve with fish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Rinse the fish under cold running water and remove any bones.
Dry in kitchen paper.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley or mixed herbs, salt
and pepper, in a small bowl.
4. Stir the oil into the crumb mixture. Finally, add a little lemon
rind or juice.
5. Lay 4 fillets on a greased dish, skin-side down, and spoon the stuffing
carefully onto each fillet. Flatten well down and cover with the other
4 fillets. Cover with foil.
6. Bake for 20–30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fish.
7. Lift the fish carefully onto a warmed serving dish and surround it with cooked peas, lemon wedges, and parsley.