› 6 slices of bread
› 50 g of low-fat butter
› 1 egg
› a little low-fat milk
› brown sugar
› pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
2. Cut the crusts off the bread (if preferred), butter it and cut into fingers.
3. Grease the dish. Then put a layer of bread fingers on the base of the
dish. Sprinkle with sultanas and sugar. Continue the layers, finishing
with a layer of bread.
4. Beat egg and milk together and pour over the bread.
5. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.