- 500 gram boneless chicken
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderiser , or 1 tablespoon papaya paste
- 1½-2 tablespoon green chilli paste, as per heat prefernce
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ chicken cube or bullion, optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt, more if not using chicken cube
- ¼ cup greek yogurt/ hung curd
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped onions , or paste or ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro/fresh corriander
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, or 1 cheese triangle, or 2 tablespoon milk powder, optional
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Oil, to fry
- Wash and pat dry chicken cubes. (If using chicken breast, wash and pat dry chicken and then cut into 1-inch cubes.)
- Mix all the ingredients of chicken marinade in a bowl.
- Add chicken and mix well and marinate chicken for a total of 45 minutes at least to 2 hours preferably. You can marinate up to 12 hours ahead and store in the fridge.
- Thread the chicken on the wooden skewers. Set aside.
- Heat oil in anon stick pan and place the tikka skewer. Cover the skewers with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Then remove lid and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes until water dries and tikka are lightly golden. Cook in batches.
- Serve immediately, or you can smoke for 2 minutes red hot charcoal and drizzle of oil and serve.