- 250 g boneless chicken cut into bite-sized chunks
- 70 g (1 small) onion, chopped
- 2 small green chillies chopped
- handful coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (heaped) coriander seeds roughly crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (freshly dry roasted and ground)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp khatai powder (amchoor)
- oil (as needed for deep frying)
- 1 tbsp corn flour (corn starch)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
In a bowl, put chicken pieces and all ingredients up to khatai powder. Mix well and allow to marinate for half an hour.
Towards the end of the marination period, heat oil for deep frying in wok (karahi) over medium heat.
Add corn flour and gram flour to chicken and mix well.
When the oil is hot, add the chicken chunks one at a time to the oil, making sure not to crowd them. Deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
Remove from oil using a spider spoon and place on paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve hot.