1 kg minced raw beef, medium fat
5 ½ cups (1207 g) water
4 onions, red skinned, raw, unpeeled (376 g)
5 tomatoes, red, ripe (439 g)
1 bunch coriander leaves (51 g)
2 ½ tsp. (12 g) salt, iodized
½ cup cooking oil (102 g)
2 tsp. (4 g) cumin seeds
1 ½ tsp. (3 g) curry powder
4 Royco® cubes (8 g)
1 whole garlic (39 g)
¼ cup (48 g) white raw rice
• Pound the minced meat in a mortar.
• Prepare and cut the onions as well as the tomatoes
and chop into two separate bowls.
• Divide the onion, garlic, cumin seed, and coriander
into two equal portions. Mix and pound one-half of
each divided ingredient and add it into the pounded
• Add rice to the pounded mixture and crush the
• Fry the other half of onions in ½ cup of cooking oil
until they turn golden brown. Add salt and stir.
• Add tomatoes and all the water and then simmer
until the tomatoes are tender.
• Pound the rest of the garlic, cumin seeds, and coriander into the pounded meat.
• Work the meat with palms to form balls using ¼ cup
of cooking oil.
• Add the meatballs to the simmering tomato soup.
• Add garlic, curry powder, and Royco® cubes.
• Simmer for 30 minutes until the meatballs are ready.