TO BOIL RICE
- 2 cup (500 gm) Basmati or long grain rice, , soaked for 20 minutes or as per instructions on the packet.
- Salt, as needed to boil rice
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon oil, , preferably sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped or paste
- 1 chicken cube/bullion
- 1-2 tablespoon green chilles, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped or match stick
- 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Fill a half of a large pot with water and add salt as required.(The water should have soupy salt level.) Also add a few drop of lemon juice.
- Bring water to boil then add soaked rice and cook for 7-10 minutes (or as per instructions on packet) until rice is 80% cooked. Strain rice in a colander, let it cool completely. (Cold rice are best for stir fry.)
- In same pot, heat oil and add garlic, chicken cube, pepper, and green chillies.
- Fry for a few seconds. Then add chopped carrots, cabbage, capsicum, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Mix well and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and green onions. Fry on high heat for about 2 minutes. Stir rice every few seconds with big strokes and mix carefully by turning the rice up and down with a spatula. (Aim for 8-10 strokes.)
- Now reduce heat to medium. Cover pot tightly and cook for 4-5 minutes until rice are thoroughly heated then serve.