› 180 g of wholemeal flour
› 200 g of plain flour
› 50 g of margarine
› 275 ml of low-fat milk
› 1 tsp of baking powder
› pinch of salt
› 1 tsp of caster sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Sieve the wholemeal flour, plain flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Sieve in the salt and baking powder and mix well.
3. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured
board and gently knead.
5. Roll out the dough to 2-cm in thickness. Dust a baking tray with flour. Using a 5-cm shape cutter, cut out scones and place them on the baking tray. (You can use a small glass or cup as a cutter.)
6. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.